Update Overload

I update the blog with everything that has happened this month that I was a slacker at. So you will have to click 'older posts' to view everything.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

3 1/2 Weeks

Sorry there has been no new post over the last free weeks. Things have been kind of crazy. But as of 6:00pm Saturday, January 16, 2010 my computer is back up and running. Thanks to Shared and Clarence for all your help. Honestly, it could not have happened without your help. Now for the update from the past 3 ½ weeks.

Cynthia learnt how to climb out of her crib without hurting herself. So we had to get rid of the crib since it was not holding her in any more. This last weekend we packed up her crib and put out a foam mattress for her to sleep on. Let’s just say she is having a very hard time adjusting to the new sleeping arrangements and spends most of her time banging and crying against her door. She also sleeps there. Not sure what we are going to do about that one.

As of January 12, 2010 I am a resident of the United States. YAY for me! Now if only I can find a job that allows me to work nights so I can stay at home with Cyndie Kim all day. Any one know of anything like that? Anything will help.

Around Christmas time we got a positive confirmation that I was pregnant. We had our suspicions since I was already 2 weeks late on my period. Then around New Years, I started to spot really badly. We called the doctor who ordered blood tests. According to dates I was supposed to be about 6/7 weeks along but according to my HCG levels I was only about two or three weeks along. Since my HCG levels and my dates never added up, the doctor could not do an ultrasound to see if there were any problems. So she ordered more blood tests. The second round of HCG levels went up more than 50% so the doctor was happy about that. But it was still not enough. So more tests were ordered. My HCG levels never went up as much as the doctor wanted and the spotting had gotten worse. She decided this was a non-viable etopic pregnancy and sent me to the cancer center for a methotrexate shot (for those of you who would like more info about an etopic pregnancy or methotrexate click on the words for links to information). The nurse at the cancer center told me that this was classified as an emergency since they did not know where cells were growing. I spent the weekend in discomfort, since I had two shots (one in each hip) that did strange things to my body. The following week was companied by cramps, sharp pains and other cool things like that on my left side (personally I think that it was an etopic pregnancy in my left tube, mainly because that is where it hurts). After three more blood tests to monitor my liver – make sure it can handle the methotrexate – and to make sure that HCG levels are decreasing, my doctor informs me that I have to keep going for blood tests until my HCG levels are in the negative and that for the next few weeks I am still in danger of having an etopic pregnancy in a tube or somewhere else so I need to be very careful and watch for all the warning signs.

Apart from the above mentioned happenings, Christmas was good. Cynthia had a great time playing with her new toys. Ben and I got her 4 little animals – elephant, giraffe, zebra and lion – she play pretends with them and when you ask her want sound they make they all make a deep back of the throat growl. It is rather cute. I put together a recipe book for Ben with all the recipes that we use – he really likes it. And my favourite present was a 3-in-1 waffle, snackwhich and grill. It comes in handy all the time.


Britney said...

So sorry that happened to you. Hope you are doing well now though!

linda said...

First: she is just like her dad but at least she is 2 - he wasn't even a year when we had to lose the crib.
Third: our prayers are with you - and we hope you are able to get back to good health and routines. LL