babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Update Overload

I update the blog with everything that has happened this month that I was a slacker at. So you will have to click 'older posts' to view everything.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Part 1

LOVE Easter! I think that it might just be because of the chocolates and sweets that we get around the time. I know that is not a good reason to love a holiday. Being from South Africa, we don't celebrate holidays like the Americans do. The only time that we get fun chocolates and sweets in the store is around Easter. To add to the fun chocolates, my parents would buy so much Easter things, that we would be eating chocolate for weeks. Since my Dad arrives on Tuesday, I decided to move Easter to Wednesday so that he might be able to celebrate it with us. But I could not resisted having some sort of Easter today. I got a few eggs and 'hide' them around the living room. I got the metallic ones so that Cynthia will be more drawn to them. Then I gave her a little pink basket and she was off. She kept forgetting that the bag was for the eggs she found. So she would drop the bag. Ben would remind her so then she would put the eggs in the bag, carry the bag to the next egg and forget about it. But it was so much fun.

Cynthia in her Easter outfit. I bought her the dress weeks ago, but the weather has not been very good on Sunday's when I want to put her in it. Today was perfect. Her little bangle says Cynthia on it, she has a purple alice-band in her hair, and the cutest little purple shoes. Everyone at church could not believe how cute she was and they all loved her shoes.

Finding eggs

Forgot the bag, love the eggs.

Trying to eat through the foil wrapper and get to the chocolate.

Putting all her eggs in her bag.





She has a sixth sense about chocolate and was so excited to get started on the chocolate 'hunt.' At the end of the video, Cynthia climbs in under the TV - the reason: she squished the egg that was in her hand and it popped open. That is when she realised that there was something inside, and it tasted good!

0 Comments: